On July 1st, a number of changes were made by the Australian Government in relation to Visas. These changes are as follows:
• 36 new occupations available on the STSOL, eligible for 457 and 186 applications
• 12 occupations removed from the lists – see http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/removed-skilled-occupations
• Some caveats revised – see complete list of caveats at http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/caveats-on-occupations
Application Fee Increases
• Small increase in fees from 1 July – full table at http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees
Subclass 186 and 187 English Requirement
• The English requirement for subclass 186 and 187 is now the same for both Direct Entry and Transitional stream , for example 6 in all components of IELTS.
• English language exemption is no longer available.
Subclass 187 Occupations remain the same, no change
Age Limit Decrease
• Subclass 186 and 187 Direct Entry stream applicants must now be below 45 years old as at the date of application.
• Subclass 186 and 187 Transitional stream remains at less than 50 years old, until 1 March 2018 when it also decreases to less than 45.
• Subclass 189, 190 and 489 must now be below 45 years old.
New Zealand Pathway for PR
• New Zealand Special Category Visa holders can now apply for the subclass 189 for permanent residency through a new stream:
o Hold a subclass 444 visa
o Usually resident in Australia for at least 5 years, commencing before 19 February 2016
o Have taxable income of at least $51,000 for 2012/13 and $53,900 for each year since then, for the last 5 years
o No age limit
o Meet health and character requirements
Visitor Visa for Indian Citizens
• Indian citizens can now apply online for a Visitor Visa
If you are considering lodging an Australian visa application, or for further information on these changes and how they relate to you and your visa application, contact the experienced team at eVisas on 07 3211 3700 or email@example.com