Need to travel to Australia for business?
The Australian Government makes investing, establishing or managing an existing business in Australia possible through a number of business visas. eVisas are experienced in handling business visa applications and can help you find the correct type for your individual needs.
Business Talent (Permanent) visa (subclass 132)
The Business Talent visa allows you to establish and develop a new business in Australia if you have been nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency. This visa is available in two streams: Significant Business History and Venture Capital Entrepreneur.
- Significant Business History Stream: for high calibre business owners.
- Venture Capital Entreprenuer Stream: for businesses that have sourced funding from the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL).
To be eligible you must be under 55 years old and meet a number of requirements related to assets, turnover, ownership, success and business activities.
Investor Retirement visa (subclass 405)
This temporary visa allows you to live in Australia if you can make a significant long term financial investment in the country. Successful applicants will be able to work up to 40 hours per fortnight and live in Australia for up to four years.
To be eligible you must:
- be 55 years or older
- have no dependents (except a partner, if any)
- have a valid passport
- meet income and asset requirements
Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188)
The Business Innovation and Investment visa is suitable if you are a successful business owner or investor and you want to:
- invest in a business in Australia
- invest in an Australian state or territory government bond
This visa allows you to live in Australia for four years and can lead to permanent residency through the 888 Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa. There are three streams to choose from including Business Innovation, Investor and Significant Investor.
- Business Innovation stream: if you have business skills and you want to establish or manage a business in Australia.
- Investor stream: if you are interested in making a designated investment worth $1.5 million (minimum) in an Australia state or territory and continue investment activity in Australia.
- Significant Investor stream: if you want to invest $5 million (minimum) into complying investments in Australia and continue business and investment activity within the country.
Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888)
Once you have completed the requirements of your subclass 188 visa you can apply for the Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa. This allows you to maintain ownership and management of your business in Australia or continue business and investment activities.
Business visas are very complex and we strongly advise applicants to seek professional advice in order to secure the correct visa. For more information or for application assistance call our team on 0404 041 173 or fill out our contact form below.