Need help applying for an Australian Visa but don’t know where to start? We’ve answered some of our clients frequently asked question’s to help you get the process started. Please click here to request your free assessment and we can answer any specific question’s relating to your circumstances.

Q. Why use a Registered Migration Agent or Migration Lawyer?

Registered Migration Agents are qualified and up-to-date with migration legislation and requirements, so they can provide accurate advice on your visa options and assistance with the preparation and lodgement of your application.


Q. Why choose eVisas?

eVisas migration lawyers and registered migration agents have over 17 years of experience in the industry, maintaining a great reputation for honest advice, excellent service and market leading success with their applications. We love what we do, are passionate about helping people and pride ourselves on being trustworthy and honest with our clients.


Q. Does eVisas only help people in Brisbane, or can they help anyone in Australia or overseas?

eVisas can assist you no matter where you are located. We like to see our clients face to face, but can also assist anyone by phone and email no matter where you are located in Australia or overseas.


Q. Does eVisas help international students?

Most of our clients are international students who are already in Australia. Please contact us for some advice or to assist with an application.


Q. What type of visas do you help with?

We can assist with all visa types, whether it’s a skilled visa, employer-sponsored, family (partner, parent), business, student, visitor, protection, or appeals.


Q. How much are your professional fees?

Our first meeting or consultation with you is free. Our fees vary depending on the type of application we are preparing for you. We charge a set fee and explain all of the fees with you before we start your application. Our fees are very competitive and great value for the service we provide and the results we achieve.


Q. I want to apply for permanent residency, what do I do?

Everyone’s situation is different, so we personally meet with our clients to determine their best option for permanent residency. We will then assist with the preparation and lodgement of the application, making it an easy process for you and giving your application the best chance of success.


Q. I am on a TSS (subclass 482) visa and I am no longer working for my sponsor, what do I need to do?

Firstly, due to a condition on your visa, you cannot work for another employer, even if you are no longer working for your sponsor. If you find a new employer to sponsor you then a new nomination must be approved by them within 60 days of you ceasing work with your previous sponsor. Please contact us for assistance through this important process.


Q. How long does it take for my visa application to be processed?

Processing times vary depending on your specific application, how your application has been lodged, and the level of demand of visa applications with the Department of Home Affairs. We will make sure your application is complete when lodged, to make sure it is processed as quickly as possible.


Q. What happens if my visa is refused or cancelled?

If your visa has unfortunately been refused or cancelled, don’t give up hope. We will review the reason for the refusal or cancellation and can assist with lodging an appeal with the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT), if appropriate. We will also make sure you can remain lawfully in Australia during this time. We prepare a detailed submission on how you meet all of the requirements for the grant of the visa, or, why your visa should not have been cancelled and will attend the hearing with you. We can also assist with other visa options if available to you.


Q. How do I qualify for a student visa?

The main requirements for a student visa are as follows:
You are a genuine student and have a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily

  • You have enrolled in an eligible course
  • You meet applicable English requirements
  • You meet applicable financial requirements
  • You hold correct private health insurance
  • You meet health and character requirements

Visit our student visa page to learn more.


Q. I am on a student visa and would like to change course, can I?

Your student visa was granted based on the course you were originally enrolled in. If you change course you may need to reapply for your student visa. Your student visa may be cancelled if you don’t follow the correct process. Please contact us for correct advice and assistance through this important process.


Q. I am on a student visa and it finishes soon, what can I do?

If you would like to remain in Australia then please contact us to review your best options, whether it is a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485), Skilled visa (subclass 189 or 190), employer sponsored (subclass 482 or 186) or a further Student visa (subclass 500).


Q. What is the process for applying for a Skilled visa subclass 189 or subclass 190?

There are multiple stages in this application process:

  • Confirm that you meet the requirements
  • Obtain a positive skill assessment
  • Lodge an EOI (expression of interest)
  • Complete the State or Territory nomination process (applicable to subclass 190)
  • Wait for an invitation from the Department of Home Affairs to apply for the visa
  • Lodge the visa application

We assist with each stage of this process, for more information please visit eVisas skilled visas.


Q.Can I bring family to Australia?

There are various visa options for family to join you in Australia. This will depend on how closely related they are to you, your evidence of the relationship, your current visa, their visa history and why they are travelling to Australia. They may apply with you for a new visa, or as a subsequent applicant to obtain the same visa as the one you currently hold or apply for their own visa to visit temporarily or stay permanently. Please contact us for specific advice.


Q. What is a Bridging visa?

A Bridging visa is a temporary visa granted to someone who applies for a visa while in Australia, so they can remain in Australia while their visa application is processed. It doesn’t come into effect until your current visa expires and generally takes on the same conditions as your current visa. It may also be granted by the Department of Home Affairs for someone to become or remain lawful while preparing to finalise their immigration matter or to depart Australia.


Q. When will I qualify for citizenship?

There are various requirements to qualify for Australian citizenship, including residency and character requirements. To meet the residency requirement you need to have lived in Australia on a valid visa for at least 4 years, including at least the last 12 months as a permanent resident. You can’t have been absent from Australia for more than a year within the last 4 years and for more than 90 days in the last 12 months.